5/25/2005

Hello from Commons-sense conference

I am in attending the Commons-Sense conference in Egoli (the Zulu name for Johannersburg), South Africa. The conference started yesterday and ends tommorow. I bloged about it some weeks ago while in the US. I will post more detailed information about the conversations taking place around here about Intellectual Property (IP) in Africa in the information age. We had some very interesting speakers yesterday. One of them was the father of "free culture" and the founder of the Creative Commons, Lawrence Lessig. The woman behind Creative Commons South Africa, Heather Ford spoke about the South African creative commons initiative. Yesterday was the official launching of Creative Commons (South Afica). I will blog in depth about the conference when I get back to the US. A lot of interesting stories and projects. This conference is organized by Wits university, Creative Commons (South Africa), and the Link center.

No comments: