9/07/2005

Helsinki Conference Live Webcast

I am in Helsinki already for the Helsinki Conference 2005. I missed the Global Media Workshop. But had a good conversation with the editor of the Malaysian online newspaper, Malaysiakini, S, Vicknesan.
I am still trying to figure out the conference schedule, rooms, etc, and to locate people that I want to interview. There is a live webcast of the conference.
There a lots of participants from Tanzania...which is good for me. There is a feeling I miss back in the US from being away from Kiswahili speakers....I have been speaking Kiswahili non-stop. I have to get ready for the reception later this evening. I have posted a longer piece on my Kiswahili blog. I will probably write a longer one today for this blog after the reception or tommorow.

No comments: